There are a lot of different situations, when you it’s necessary to know your IP address. If you don’t know it, it’s necessary to find it on MAC or Windows operating system. To do it, you just need follow steps below.
Firstly, it’s necessary to know what types of IP addresses are existed. Local IP address is used for identification your electronic device in local network. Public IP address used to identify your personal computer or other device in global network. In the most cases, you need to know first type of IP addresses, so let’s learn how to find out this type of IP addresses.
Way of finding external IP address:
- Firstly, visit searching system and type here something like “What’s my IP”.
- Get on first web page.
- Resulting page will display you public IP address of your personal computer.
Way of finding local IP address depends on operating system, which you have.
Microsoft is the most popular operating system, so here are steps you should follow to find local IP address on Windows:
- Firstly, you should run command prompt which is usually called cmd. Click Start menu and find there cmd.
- You should see black window with command line, where you need to enter “ipconfig”. Then press enter.
- Here will be a lot of information, but necessary for you line is where you could see special number. These actions provide you to find this IP.
Now, let’s learn to find out this IP address if you are MAC user:
- Firstly, you should open “System Preferences”.
- After it opens, click on Network icon.
- There will be different options. If option have green dot, it has IP address. Click one top to select it and then check right. There should be appeared note. Number in the end of this sentence is what we are searching for.